Friday, April 22, 2011

Task 2 - Diary

A day in the life of World War II.

Our nation has just surrendered yesterday. I felt lost. The country was in a mess of debris lying everywhere. My Jewish friend, Adam, his mother Aliza, my mother and I were found a dilapidated house to stay in. For now, we were safe, but in wars, everything was unpredictable. Who would have known France would surrender to Germany?

As we crawled around scavenging for food, German soldiers suddenly appeared. In a rough and crude voice, one of them said, “What are you doing here?”

Aliza immediately replied that we were just civilians and we were looking for food to alleviate the intense hunger we were feeling then. The German soldiers then asked for our race. Being young and innocent, Adam blurted out that he was a Jew. Aliza immediately covered his mouth, and quickly tried to convince the soldiers that Adam was just spouting nonsense.

The brutal creatures had a sudden change of facial expression when they heard this news, and grabbed Aliza by her hair, again asking her of her race. She had no choice but to say out the truth. Because of a little mistake Adam made, Adam was stabbed to death, while Aliza was lead to somewhere else. My mother was too dragged away. I was left there alone. All alone. For the second time since yesterday, I felt lost.

One of the cruel beasts instructed, “Scram, you little boy!” After he said that, the rest started sniggering at his bad sense of humour. I felt insulted. And lost. But then, I could do nothing, but to tell you all about this.

Diary, I just hope the war ends soon. I cannot stand this anymore. I am all alone now. Even my mother is not with me now. What should I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment