Sunday, August 14, 2011

This I Believe

I believe in friendships. I believe in the strong bonds we are able to forge with other people us. I believe in the happy memories we share. Friendships are extremely important to me, and I treasure the friendships which I have made. :)

When I was younger (1-6 years old), I spent most of my time at my nanny's house. She had two daughters, who are more than 10 years older than me. We had very strong ties, as we spent a lot of time together. Even till now, we still keep in touch and do go out together sometimes. Whenever their family has any special events, I would be invited. I am seen to be part of their family already. The elder daughter, now married, has two daughters. Sometimes, I would go to their house to play with the two toddlers, who are more than 10 years younger than me. They are extremely adorable and I treasure the time spent with them. It makes me feel very relaxed and it is really a great stress relief for me. :)

Since young, I have been attending Children Sunday School, and now I am attending the church worship service. I have forged many friendships in my church, many lasting for more than ten years. We have literally grown up together, and had a lot of fun together. We are a small church, with a small group of youths, but we are definitely a bonded group. Three older female friends and I had many secret hideouts, and played many silly games. The times spent with them will stay with me forever.

When I was seven, I started my Primary School education in Woodgrove Primary School. I made many friends in 1I, my Primary 1 class, but I had a few closer friends. When I was in Primary 2, one of my Primary 1 classmates went to the same class with me, and we went were also in the same class in Primary 3. I also made another close friend in Primary 2, and we became inseperable friends. We were found around the school together. However, we went to different schools in Primary 4. He moved house, and I was chosen for the Gifted Education Programme (GEP). Therefore, we parted. Although we parted, we still keep in touch today through emails as we really treasure the times we spent together.

When I was ten, I went on to Nan Hua Primary School. The classmate who was my classmate for three years already in Woodgrove was also my classmate for another three years in Nan Hua. I was rather lonely in Primary 4, and did not have many friends. I only forged friendships with the people sitting around me, and we set up a newspaper called The SCGB Times. We wrote a lot of nonsense and had a lot of fun together. We even made a song called the Uranus Song, dedicated to a ficticious character called Auntie Annette. Looking back at all the stupid things we did together, I really did not regret having these friends. When I was in Primary 5, I made more friends. We took bus service 99 and took MRT back together almost everyday. We waited for one another at the canteen, and we only left when everyone was there. We also did many silly things together. Two cups of bubble tea were shared among six people and we were fighting to drink it. We even had grass fights, where we picked up the grass that were trimmed off and threw it on one another. I did not take part in grass fights regularly though, but I always enjoyed looking at them. It may seem like a childish thing to do, we do admit, but we definitely had a lot of fun together. We also often ran fast from the school gate to the bus stop to "escape" from some people, which was rather childish, but fun. In this group of friends, a few others and I often attempted to trick another friend in believing our nonsense. We once tried to convince him that 7+7=13, and that he has reached his stop (Bukit Gombak) when it was only at Bukit Batok. We also gave him a very nice nickname. We also made many fun jokes and we laughed a lot. Laughter is really the best medicine, as when I was with them, I really felt very relaxed. When we reached Primary 6, we had a lot of fun after PSLE, playing games like Murderer, Monopoly Deal, Dongdi and many others. The post-PSLE period is definitely memorable. However, we had to part on Graduation Day as we left for different schools. We treasure the friendships we forged, and thus we still keep in touch through social networking sites like FaceBook.

I believe. I believe in friendships. I believe in the strong bonds we are able to forge with other people us. I believe in the happy memories we share. Friendships are extremely important to me, and I treasure the friendships which I have made. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment